Metal, Shake & Slate Mount
The QBase® Metal, Shake & Slate Mount is a multi-purpose base-and-post style solar mounting system offering superior strength and waterproofing for metal shingle, shake, and slate shingle roofs.
The oversized 18×18-inch flashing accommodates the large exposure of various types of roofing. Available in aluminum mill finish.
For Metal Shingle Roofs
The QBase® Metal, Shake & Slate Mount is a strong and cost-effective solution for installing solar on a variety of metal shingle roof types. The base-and-post mounts work with all standard rail-based racking systems and are fully engineered to meet code requirements and industry best practices.
- Download instructions for installing QuickMount® products on a metal shingle roofs.
For Shake Roofs
The QBase® Metal, Shake & Slate Mount is designed to smoothly fit into the workflow between the trades while installing a solar array during the construction of a new shake roof. For retrofitting solar onto an existing shake roof, use our Classic Shake Mount.
For Slate Roofs
The QBase® Metal, Shake & Slate Mount is the ideal solution for both new and existing slate roofs. First flashed mount designed specifically for slate roofs and will not compromise the integrity of the slate.
- Flashing holds firm against wind-driven rain
- All exposed hardware is 18-8 stainless steel
- Meets or exceeds roofing industry best practices
- 3031 lbs. average ultimate pullout (Douglas fir)
- 1972 lbs. average ultimate shear
- Cone flashing is made of aluminum with no welds or seams to rust or rot
- Installation Guide – QBase Shake & Slate
- Installing on Metal Shingle Roofs
- Engineering Report
- CAD Blocks (DWG, PDF)
UL 2703 Certification
All IronRidge® Systems have been listed to UL 2703, the standard for evaluating solar mounting systems. This ensures they maintain strong electrical and mechanical connections over an extended period of time in extreme outdoor environments.
IronRidge® products come with a 25-year warranty, guaranteeing they will be free of defects in materials and manufacturing which materially impair the use of the products for the purposes for which they were designed.