Metal, Shake & Slate Mount
The QBase® Metal, Shake & Slate Mount is a multi-purpose base-and-post style solar mounting system offering superior strength and waterproofing for metal shingle, shake, and slate shingle roofs.
The oversized 18×18-inch flashing accommodates the large exposure of various types of roofing. Available in aluminum mill finish.
For Metal Shingle Roofs
The QBase® Metal, Shake & Slate Mount is a strong and cost-effective solution for installing solar on a variety of metal shingle roof types. The base-and-post mounts work with all standard rail-based racking systems and are fully engineered to meet code requirements and industry best practices.
For Shake Roofs
The QBase® Metal, Shake & Slate Mount is designed to smoothly fit into the workflow between the trades while installing a solar array during the construction of a new shake roof. For retrofitting solar onto an existing shake roof, use our Classic Shake Mount.
For Slate Roofs
The QBase® Metal, Shake & Slate Mount is the ideal solution for both new and existing slate roofs. First flashed mount designed specifically for slate roofs and will not compromise the integrity of the slate.
- Flashing holds firm against wind-driven rain
- All exposed hardware is 18-8 stainless steel
- Meets or exceeds roofing industry best practices
- 3031 lbs. average ultimate pullout (Douglas fir)
- 1972 lbs. average ultimate shear
- Cone flashing is made of aluminum with no welds or seams to rust or rot
- Installation Guide
- Installing on Metal Shing Roofs (Datasheet)
- Engineering Report
- CAD Blocks (DWG, PDF)